MyChoctawFamily.Com

The James Hudson Family Website

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Looking for my family members and ancestors

JennDavis

I'm trying to find out some the Davis family history and out family memebers. I do not know if they are on the roll or not. My grandpa just died and I don't know anything about where my family is from here in Oklahoma. How do I go about trying to find information on my family. I know that my grandpa is a full blood choctaw and his name is Henry T. Davis, Sr.  His parents are Patterson and Lizzie Thompson Davis. How do I research it? Please let me know how to do this. Finding information will help me out.

September 17, 2009 at 5:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lenetta Lewis

I'm trying to find out some the Robinson Family history and out family members,I do know if the are on the roll ,Because Cousin said Sooky (Susan)Robinson 1797-1862 died at Townsend Cave  ,She  born Alabama in TambigbeeRiver near area...She is Indian Choctaw ...Her father is Lewis Robinson she adopting by her father brother Jesse Robinson....Please let me know Thank you ao much!

--

Lenetta Lewis:)

December 26, 2010 at 1:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JasmineDM

Although this is a bit late.  Lenetta, I am curious to know whether you know if there is African American in your lineage.  The reason so is because my grandfather was a Robinson.  His name was Wilie Charles Robinson and his father was a Lewis Robinson (b.1896).  From what I have been able to figure out (almost positive of it) is that Lewis Robinson (b.1896) had a father by the name of Walsh/Wash Robinson, BUT his brother was Louis Robinson (b. 1873) and THEIR FATHER was Louis/Lewis Robinson (b. 1842).

I have always been curious about the Robinsons and their full ethnicity.  The one thing that I do know is that my grandfather had grey eyes and supposedly my great-grandfather Louis/Lewis Robinson was a bit light in skin tone.  Also, I do know that there is a Jessie Robinson in my family who is the brother of my late grandfather

~Jasmine~

November 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kathy Hardin

I have hit a brick wall in search of my Joel William Hudson/Hutson b. 1840 Alabama who lived in the Travis county area of Texas and married Atodia "Rhoda" Elizabeth Teague b. 1845. I know there is Indian blood as my dad was dark skinned and the family did have the Indian roll number that was given to my sister and it was lost in a flood in Kerrville, Texas. Have been trying to find the number but do not know how to go about doing that. Joel W. and Atodia's daughter Lucinda Jane Hudson/Hutson married James Henry Roberts and they had a son Owen Roberts which was my dad. He was born in 1913 Oak Hill, Travis co. Texas and married Ida Beulah Maples on Dec. 5, 1935. I would appreciate any help that comes my way.

January 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Franklin Williams
Administrator

Thank You Kathy for visiting the Hudson website. There are several ways to do family search and one is go to the Native American Data webpage and type in who is that ur looking 4.The other is National Archives Ft.Worth,Tx.,or the Oklahoma History Center in Okla. City. Both places store volumes of information on land deeds,allotments,payrolls and possibly photo's of family members. I've located pictures of family members in the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C.-

January 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lauren Zamora

I am trying to find information on Susan (Sookey) Sukey (Sukentukee) Robinson born in June 1797 at the mouth of the Tambigbee River, ( also says she may have been born in Muskogee, OK to "Nancy" a full blodded Choctaw and Lewis Robinson, although it states Lewis's brother Jesse Robinson adopted her and may have called her Sara, Saucie or Sookey.

There is also a claim that James Townsend met Susan ( or Sookey) near New Orleans at the Battle of New Orleans in 1812. I have found a marriage certificate for James and a Sookey Robinson.  She was enough Chotow that her children or grand children registered as part of the Choctaw Nation and I have done DNA testing that shows I have Native American ancestory so we are trying to pinpoint it.

I am trying to find more information on her and her identity and Nancy her mother and why they would have given her up.

Can anyone help ?

August 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crystal Phillips

Kathy Hardin at January 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I have hit a brick wall in search of my Joel William Hudson/Hutson b. 1840 Alabama who lived in the Travis county area of Texas and married Atodia "Rhoda" Elizabeth Teague b. 1845. I know there is Indian blood as my dad was dark skinned and the family did have the Indian roll number that was given to my sister and it was lost in a flood in Kerrville, Texas. Have been trying to find the number but do not know how to go about doing that. Joel W. and Atodia's daughter Lucinda Jane Hudson/Hutson married James Henry Roberts and they had a son Owen Roberts which was my dad. He was born in 1913 Oak Hill, Travis co. Texas and married Ida Beulah Maples on Dec. 5, 1935. I would appreciate any help that comes my way.

Kathy,

I am not sure how much luck you have had since that post but Rootsweb and Familysearch.org are two free fabulous sites let me know if you need any help.

Crystal

October 12, 2013 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.